C-6 BRAKE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS
Download the printable PDF: C6BRAKE.pdf
- A Ford R servo int. servo assembly must be used.
- A Ford E apply arm must be used.
- Install reverse piston with check ball at 12 o'clock position. Install five frictions and use only flat steels. Installed clearance should be .060 inch.
- Install 18 late release springs in direct piston. Use five direct clutches of a semi-metallic composition. Set clearance at .0450 - .055 inch; use no wave plates.
- Set band at 1 1/2 turns off 72 in-lb.
- Install solenoid, brake valve and spring in place of stock modulator valve and vacuum modulator.
- Install valve body. Make sure the manual valve is connected to shift arm.
- We recommend the use of a stock 4x4 pan/filter assembly or an aftermarket cast deep pan and extended pick up.
- Use 12 gauge wire to connect brake button to solenoid. All brake circuit components must have 15 amp capacity.
- This brake valve body has reverse control: P R N 1 2 3. Brake works in low only. Reverse is engaged by selecting R with shifter and pushing brake button.